Amazon’s New Interface Is Making Its Way to Firesticks Everywhere

March 27, 2021

Amazon’s New Interface Is Making Its Way to Firesticks Everywhere

Amazon’s new interface for Firestick and Fire TV is slowly making its way to devices across the world.

This now includes earlier models of Firestick and Fire TV.

If you own one of the following devices, you can expect this update within the next few days:

• Firestick 4K
  • 3rd Gen Fire TV
  • Fire TV Cube (all models)

This new interface has already been released to the new Fire TV Stick Lite, and 3rd Gen Fire TV Stick.

For those using Fire TV Smart TV’s or 2nd Gen Fire TV Stick, this update will likely come later this year.

The 1st Gen Fire TV Stick and Fire TV are the only models that won’t receive this new interface.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This update will not automatically install on your device. Instead, it must be done manually.

You can check to see if your device has a software update waiting within Settings:

How To Update Firestick/Fire TV

Many Fire TV users are excited about the new interface change as the device hasn’t received an update like this since 2016.

You can see Fire TV’s Official video describing the new Firestick experience below:

NulledMedia TIP: After installing the software to receive the new update, you may lose some of your installed apps.

Luckily, you can install the NulledMedia App with Rapid App Installer to get all your favorites back with the click of a button.

The Rapid App Installer has the best apps for free Movies, TV Shows, and much more all in one location.

New Firestick Interface

After the new interface installs, your device is likely not finished updating.

As we have found, you may need to install another minor update to finish the process.

Use the guide below to finish your software update for the new Firestick interface:

1. After your device has restarted, click Got It

click got it

2. If you notice a notification on the Settings Gear icon (orange dot), click to open Settings

open settings

3. Click Notifications

click notifications

4. Choose Forced App Updater

choose forced app updater

5. Click Dismiss

click dismiss

6. Return to Settings and open My Fire TV

open my fire tv

7. Click About

click about

8. Choose Install Update

choose install update

9. Wait for updates to finish. Enjoy!

wait for updates to finish

You can now return to your device and check out the updated Firestick Interface.

After your device is finished updating, we recommend viewing our popular Jailbreak Firestick tutorial.

This guide has been accessed by millions of cord-cutters across the world.

How to Jailbreak Firestick

For more streaming options view our popular NulledMedia guides below.

Be sure to stay up-to-date with the latest streaming news, reviews, tips, and more by following the NulledMedia Advisor with updates weekly.

This Advisor provides all the best cord-cutting tips to get the most out of your favorite streaming devices and more.

Click the link below to join the other 800,000 Advisor subscribers.

Free NulledMedia Advisor

Comment Below

Have you received the new Firestick interface yet? If so, do you like this new interface?

Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

No Comments

1. Martin
    March 18, 2021 at 9:59 pm – Reply

I have the 4k Stick and as of the 18th no new interface… I have gotten a few updates though. Hoping I get it soon.

2. Mary
    March 7, 2021 at 11:18 am – Reply

I installed the app, how do you watch shows with out paying a subscription?

• david canole
      March 25, 2021 at 1:47 pm – Reply

Get troy’s rapid app installer

3. Nancy
    March 6, 2021 at 12:11 pm – Reply

I’m not sure what Firestick I have, it may be 1st Gen (?) that will not get this new stuff, right? I remember installing the Rapid App onto it like 2 years ago when I first got it…lots to learn for sure!

4. jean feick
    March 1, 2021 at 3:04 pm – Reply

They will most likely remove apps they don’t like, give you news they don’t want. So if you don’t have those apps, you won’t see any changes.

If I want to QUIT use of FIRESTICK, what do you recommend?

My service is through ATT/China- no other option

Samsung TV, wireless

5. F D
    February 23, 2021 at 10:01 am – Reply

I have 2, 4 k fire sticks with the old interface. I like those. I just got a new 4k to set up for a friend, and I was shocked at the new UI. I HATE it. It only leaves room for 6 of your apps up front. They are very small in the top header. There is NO list of recently used apps and no simple access to your apps…. you have to long press your home button which brings up a menu and from that you can select your apps. Also as others have stated, about 25 % shoe up blank as a black square…is Amazon blocking them? I’m not happy with it at all. I REALLY hope my UIs aren’t updated on my older 2!

6. boldts
    February 21, 2021 at 7:08 pm – Reply

I recently loaded a factory reset 4k firestick. It loaded this new interface along with me then doing the update. I personally don’t care for this new look. The menu bar is to thin and to small. I also found that while I was able to load my apps back on this new stick, some did not show up. In the apps page, they were simply black boxes. LiveNetTV for one, MXPlayer was another with others as well. I really wanted the old configuration home page back, but there is no option to return to it. I ended up loading the Wolf app for my home page. I personally am much happier with it than the new home page offering. I truthfully think this new version makes things harder for the users. Just my thoughts.

7. Austin Morley
    February 21, 2021 at 1:19 pm – Reply

It pushesAmazon services,ads and apps in your face leaving Netflix and any other non Amazon apps in tiny icons tucked away. I hate it.

8. Bill
    February 21, 2021 at 1:06 pm – Reply

I hear that a new Firestick is coming out with more ram and storage? Any news?

9. Loon
    February 21, 2021 at 12:50 pm – Reply

Can a different launcher still be used after the update if I decide to?

10. Earl R Jackson
    February 21, 2021 at 9:43 am – Reply

I’ve seen the new interface and personally I hate it. I also have heard from older people that it is not as user friendly as the original layout. The black and white interface is so bland and it just seems like a huge waste of time. Some pose the argument that they wish they could have had the option to choose the new interface but I explained in this world if ever changing technology that would never be the case!!!!!

11. John c
    February 19, 2021 at 2:40 pm – Reply

Wolf launcher has done the trick for me,Nothing on my home screen but the things I want,I really don’t need the new Amazon update I like things the way they are right now,Thanks Troy for the great wolf launcher tutorial.

12. Yarbyar
    December 20, 2020 at 2:40 pm – Reply

I’d be interested to find out if the new update does in fact remove apps/side loads do disappear OR it’s just the the ICONS disappear leaving the Apps/side loads with a greyed out Icon which doesn’t look like anything until you click on it.. My 4K Firestick updated itself and I ‘lost’ Mobdro, then I noticed a strange greyed out square ‘icon’. When I clicked on this Mobdro opened !

13. AnnieM
    December 20, 2020 at 2:35 pm – Reply

We have a 1st Gen Fire Cube; it had an update that took awhile last week, but as of today (12/20/20), we still have the old layout. Maybe ours is too old to get it. ::shrug:: No love lost there.

14. Yarbyar
    December 20, 2020 at 12:47 pm – Reply

Installed an update but still old layout BUT an app greyed out. That is to say an App kinda disappeared . The App itself is still there but the ICON is greyed so you don’t know what the app is untill you click on it.. ! I loaded a friend new Firestick lite and 3 Apps icons didn’t appear (all grey out ) Mobdro was one, Mobdro still works though, you just cannot Identify it

15. Tony
    December 18, 2020 at 4:53 pm – Reply

installed an update but still old layout did not work

16. tony
    December 17, 2020 at 10:09 pm – Reply

restarted cube no up date

• Bob Payne
      December 18, 2020 at 5:33 pm – Reply

Are you talking about a plain restart or a restart to Factory Defaults? I tried with Amazon Cube too and it did nothing. Bob P.

• Tony
        December 19, 2020 at 7:03 pm – Reply

just a restart not doing a factory reset then I will have reinstall everything

• Derrick
          February 21, 2021 at 10:06 am – Reply

The update looks stupid to me. I like the old screen because its bigger. The new one looks plain small and dumb. Also just like other folks comments there will be grey boxes now. And you cant turn on unknown sources. You have to manually turn on apps from there to work. And download atv app to see your apps that are grey boxes now.

17. Ed Vollmer
    December 16, 2020 at 6:25 pm – Reply

I like the current way it works and not impressed with the new way. Is there a way to refuse the update?

18. bob
    December 16, 2020 at 5:12 pm – Reply

I did the update today and I don’t see any difference

19. Keith Krause
    December 16, 2020 at 10:33 am – Reply

So what I am reading here is that after the new interface is installed, all of my side loads will be gone? Is there an easy way to get the Troy point app back? I always have trouble d/l it since I am a member and you have my email Addy already.

• Paddy Flynn
      December 17, 2020 at 5:13 am – Reply

I am the same. I really don’t need this right now. It will do my head in trying to get all the app’s back. I will need lots of help.

• Stacey
      December 19, 2020 at 2:45 pm – Reply

All of my apps are still there nothing was removed just have to go down to recent apps or at the top where it shows the app bar next to home library etc..

20. Joey
    December 16, 2020 at 10:21 am – Reply
    IIm hearing not to up date firestick is this true ?